The National Youth Leadership Forum: Business Innovation program is specifically designed to provide high school students who attend with the critical business skills that are required to ensure success.
Through this highly dynamic program and its “8 days to startup” curriculum, you will be introduced to the skills and secrets you need to be successful in business, in your career and in your life!
Whether you have a passion for entrepreneurship, a desire to launch the next mega-successful internet startup company, plan on serving as a doctor or lawyer, or possess the cutting-edge technology skills that companies are seeking today, you need to fully understand the fundamentals of marketing, finance and operations to succeed!
You have your choice of attending the NYLF Business Innovation program at Stanford University in the heart of Silicon Valley or at the University of California, Berkeley in the San Francisco Bay area, or at Pace University, located in the finance capital of the world, New York City.
Take this interactive journey and gain hands-on business experience from the ground up, take part in special site visits to companies that set the standards for success in business today, and discover the insider knowledge and skills you need to chart a lucrative career path in whichever field of study you choose!
For 8 days at NYLF Business Innovation, you will explore a variety of business professions through our interactive curriculum and exciting role-playing simulations and exercises that put you directly in the board room, and challenge you to make the critical day-to-day decisions of the CEO!
Activities & Benefits
Take your place among the nation’s highly motivated high school students – those who understand that their future depends on having a foundation of business skills to succeed!
When you attend NYLF Business Innovation, you will:
- Collaborate in teams of your peers, and develop and run a new business concept focused on a product or service in our exciting Business Simulation. You will execute marketing, operations, and finance plans through an online business strategy competition which is similar to the typical MBA program experience of most colleges.
- Discover the secrets to success in today’s complex world of globally-connected businesses, as you explore our Business Case Study that examines a foreign based multi-national corporation.
- Take part in valuable workshops that focus on college success and career skills including interviewing and personal branding. These skills are essential for future your job search and for achieving your goals when applying to college and securing scholarships.
- Be a specially invited guest as a resident at a top university in the host city you choose where you will experience the life and culture of a vibrant college campus.
- Along with your peers, attend a unique and eye-opening Career Site Visit to one of the nation’s standout corporations using innovation and cutting edge technology to succeed.
- Meet and interact with some of today’s most successful and innovative business professionals.
- Enjoy the sights and sounds of the host city you choose such as New York’s Times Square or San Francisco’s Golden Gate Bridge Park.
By completing this program, you are eligible for college credit from Loras College.