The Junior National Young Leaders Conference (JrNYLC): Foundations of Leadership I, a six-day Envision program in Washington, DC, is for middle school students who have demonstrated leadership potential, are mature and motivated to learn and excel, and desire the critical leadership skills needed for success in middle school, high school and beyond.
Students attending the Junior National Young Leaders Conference develop and sharpen their leadership skills by examining the leaders of the past, and are empowered to become leaders themselves. The program centers on leadership through a practical, everyday lens, incorporating a detailed examination of six leadership traits and focuses on leaders in American history and social advocacy.
The Junior National Young Leaders Conference is filled with distinctive site experiences, hands-on exercises and workshops bring these concepts to life, while students work together to develop action plans that affect change within their homes and communities.
Activities & Benefits
At the Junior National Young Leaders Conference, you will get outside of the classroom and take an amazing, interactive journey of leadership and discovery. You will:
- Take part in fun and exciting workshops and participate in simulations where you take on the roles of historic leaders and figures from our nation’s past.
- Discover how to organize and effectively lead a group of your classmates in school and be inspired to create positive changes in your community – just like our nation’s greatest leaders!
- Learn to make positive choices in your daily life, face future challenges and ensure your success immediately in middle school, high school, and beyond.
- Receive an official Certificate of Merit as a testament to your academic success, hard work and dedication, which you can highlight throughout your education and even on college applications.
- Make lasting friendships with other outgoing young leaders, which will last long after your return home.