At the National Youth Leadership Forum (NYLF): Advanced Medicine & Health Care program students explore a wide array of health care careers and develop the skills required to succeed in college and in the 21st century health care environment.
You will reside throughout the 10-day NYLF Advanced Medicine & Health Care program on the campus of Johns Hopkins University*, enabling you to explore the wide, green spaces and winding paths of this inviting university and discover the life, culture and rhythm of a modern college campus.
At the challenging and rewarding program, you will examine an actual medical training facility and take part in a simulated patient encounter. You will diagnose a patient and develop the optimal plan of care. You also immerse yourself in the program’s simulated six-phase epidemiology case study, which puts you at the center of managing a serious outbreak.
By attending the NYLF Advanced Medicine & Health Care program you will explore a broad range of educational pathways and accompanying careers in health care – providing you with a critical advantage as you make important decisions about college and careers!
Activities & Benefits
Gain a valuable head start on your future as you explore careers in medicine and health care!
When you enroll in NYLF Advanced Medicine & Health Care, you will:
- Explore a variety of health care professions through the program’s exciting, hands-on, interactive curriculum, small group activities with your peers and true-to-life medical workshops.
- Enhance your scholastic credentials as you prepare for the college application process.
- Experience the life and culture of a college student as you reside throughout the program on a prominent college campus.
- Take a guided site visit to a medical school, and meet and interact with current medical students and college admissions representatives.
- Discover the skills and education needed to be successful as a health care provider.
By completing this program, you are also eligible for college credit from George Mason University.
Curriculum designed in cooperation with Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science.
Notice: Envision has leased or rented facilities from the Johns Hopkins University. However, Envision and any programs operated by Envision are not related to or affiliated with the Johns Hopkins University in any way. Envision is an entirely separate legal entity with no connection to the Johns Hopkins University aside from the temporary use of facilities for the specified program.