The National Youth Leadership Forum (NYLF): Careers in Engineering & Technology is an eight-day summer program that will provide you with the rare opportunity to join other high-achieving high school students to explore the educational pathways and careers associated with these cutting-edge fields.
Choose from one of four locations for your exciting real-world career exploration and campus immersion experience: Georgia Tech (Atlanta, GA), the University of California, Berkeley (near San Francisco, CA), the Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering (near Boston, MA) or Loyola University (Chicago, IL).
The NYLF Engineering & Technology summer program is your pathway to the future. Through the forum’s fun and engaging curriculum, you will be challenged to put your applied knowledge to the test by participating in interactive workshops and simulations. You will strengthen skills that will help you succeed, including time management, information analysis, public speaking, critical thinking and problem solving – the skills that today’s top colleges and employers seek the most!
Activities & Benefits
Are you ready to join the next generation of engineering and technology innovators?
At NYLF Engineering & Technology, you will:
- Be recognized as a future leader in the engineering and technology fields while visiting some of the nation’s best universities for innovation.
- Explore emerging fields such as sustainable design, 3-D modeling, web, game and app development, robotics, electrical engineering and much more.
- Discover why the core principles of engineering are critical to success in the 21st century.
- Experience college culture, including the broad range of educational pathways that can lead to a fulfilling engineering or technology career.
- Enhance your scholastic credentials and network of contacts to achieve your future academic and career advancement goals.
By completing this program, you are eligible for college credit from Loras College.