The National Youth Leadership Forum (NYLF): Careers in National Security – Diplomacy, Intelligence & Defense is a six-day Envision program that prepares high school students for careers in defense, intelligence and the diplomatic corps. The National Youth Leadership Forum on National Security has honored outstanding high school students from throughout the country for more than 21 years.
At NYLF National Security, you will join a select group of promising high school students who are interested in the many disciplines that help keep the country – and its citizens – safe. This Envision program is your opportunity to get an in-depth look at how the United States plans for peace and prepares for crisis.
Since its inception, this preeminent high school program has maintained relationships with agencies and national security professionals. Major General Stanley Hyman, U.S. Army, (Ret.) currently serves on the board of advisors. The high-quality curriculum is approved by the National Association of Secondary School Principals.
Activities & Benefits
Is a diplomacy, intelligence or defense career in your future? At NYLF National Security, you will:
- Get an up-close look at the national security infrastructure of the United States through site experiences, a career fair, a real-world crisis simulation and interactions with nationally recognized speakers.
- Enhance your leadership profile and prepare to make decisions about your leadership career in America’s defense, intelligence or diplomatic fields.
- Meet with highly respected civilian policy makers and senior military officers who are responsible for national security decisions that reach throughout the globe.
- Have the opportunity to be chosen to honor our fallen at the Arlington National Cemetery during a wreath laying ceremony at the Tomb of the Unknown Solider.
- Make lasting friendships with other future leaders in national security.
By completing this program, you are eligible to receive college credit from George Mason University.