Apple was started in a garage. Facebook was born in a dorm room. Now it’s your turn to create the next culture-changing company while participating in the Envision Incubator.
During this program-long simulation, you will work to create the next great idea and take on the hurdles every successful entrepreneur must face. You’ll work in teams to develop your business idea while maintaining relevance with customer-centric innovations and current market trends. Guest speakers and hands-on activities will guide you through key focus areas of the simulation as you learn to crowdsource for market feedback, test your assumptions, and overcome challenges.
While building your business, you will also build a strong foundation in the following fundamentals:
Project Ideation, Research, and Development
Product Creation and Market Research
Testing Key Features and Price
Analyzing and Using Customer Feedback
Product Finance and Securing Capital Investment
This dynamic simulation culminates with each of the teams making a final presentation to a “Shark Tank”-style investor panel. Previous attendees have continued to develop their business ideas after leaving the program, with several actively working to secure funding.
Professionals in the field of business and members of Yale University’s esteemed faculty will share insights from their own successful careers and business ventures. These events will help you during your simulation and guide you through the fundamental areas of launching a business, including ideation, defining a target market, and securing funding.
Speakers currently slated for at least one NYLF Business Innovation session include:
- Jonathan Feinstein, Professor of Economics and Management, Yale School of Management
- Sarah Biggerstaff, Lecturer in Practice of Leadership, Yale University
- Sara Sapire, New Business and Product Development Manager, Yale University Press
- Kanyi Maqubela, Investor/Entrepreneur; Board Member, Heartbeat Health, Inc.; Adjunct Professor, NYU
Stand out from your peers and get the academic edge you need to succeed in college and your career:
- Experience college culture while residing on the campus of Yale University
- Learn and expand valuable skills like collaboration, public speaking, and problem solving
- Build your network of contacts to meet your future academic and career goals