Apple was started in a garage. Facebook was born in a dorm room. Now it’s your turn to create the next culture-changing company during Envision's Entrepreneurial Challenge.
Throughout this program-long simulation, you will collaborate to create the next great idea and take on the hurdles every successful entrepreneur must face. Working in teams, you will develop your business idea while maintaining relevance with customer-centric innovations and current market trends. Guest speakers and hands-on activities will guide you through key focus areas of the simulation as you learn to crowdsource for market feedback, test your assumptions, and overcome challenges.
While building your business, you will also build a strong foundation in the following fundamentals:
Project Ideation, Research, and Development
Product Creation and Market Research
Testing Key Features and Price
Analyzing and Using Customer Feedback
Product Finance and Securing Capital Investment
Envision's Entrepreneurial Challenge culminates with each of the teams making a final presentation to a “Shark Tank”-style investor panel. Previous attendees have continued to develop their business ideas after leaving the program, with several actively working to secure funding.
Professionals in the field of business and members of Yale University’s esteemed faculty will share insights from their own successful careers and business ventures. These speaking events will help guide you through the simulation and steps required to launch a business, including ideation, defining a target market, and securing funding.
Past speakers have included:
- Jonathan Feinstein, Professor of Economics and Management, Yale School of Management
- Sarah Biggerstaff, Lecturer in Practice of Leadership, Yale University
- Sara Sapire, New Business and Product Development Manager, Yale University Press
- Kanyi Maqubela, Investor/Entrepreneur; Board Member, Heartbeat Health, Inc.; Adjunct Professor, NYU
- Peipei Zhou, Program Lead, Facebook
Stand out from your peers and get the academic edge you need to succeed in college and your career:
- Experience college culture while residing on the campus of Yale University
- Learn and expand valuable skills like collaboration, public speaking, and problem solving
- Build your network of contacts to meet your future academic and career goals
See how businesses are built and run during a site visit where you will learn from local business leaders and gain inside perspectives on launching and growing a business. During a day-long exploration of innovation and entrepreneurship in New York City, you will participate in a business site visit and even crowd source ideas for your Envision's Entrepreneurial Challenge business.