Enrich your Global Young Leaders Conference experience!
You can extend your GYLC experience by attending one of three optional program extensions: The Pre-Program Orientation in Washington, DC, the Early Arrival option, and
the Post-Program Cultural Extension in New York City. You may choose to enroll in any or all of these options during online enrollment.
Pre-Program Orientation – Washington, DC
Jumpstart your GYLC experience by arriving in Washington, DC two days early to get settled and meet other GYLC students. The Pre-Program Orientation
- An introduction to cross-cultural communication strategies
- A visit to George Mason University, where you will get an inside look at the college admissions process
- An Admissions Q&A session with university staff
- Time to explore Washington DC landmarks, including the Thomas Jefferson Memorial, the Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial, and Capitol Hill
2018 Pre-Program Orientation dates:
- June 16–18
- June 30–July 2
- July 14–16
Early Arrival Option
Arrive a day early to Washington, DC and get a good night's rest before the start of your program.
- If you are enrolled in the Pre-Program Orientation which begins on Saturday and wish to arrive a day early, select the Friday Early Arrival option.
- If you are enrolled in the Core Program which begins on Monday, select the Sunday Early Arrival option.
Students will meet GYLC staff and other scholars the night they arrive (Friday or Sunday), and will be provided with breakfast and lunch the following day (Saturday or Monday).
Post-Program Cultural Extension – New York City
Extend your stay in New York City by an additional four days. Find out more!