Falcon AeroLab Experience
During five day-long site visits to Falcon AeroLab’s state of the art flight and simulation facilities, you will have challenging and interactive workshops to design, prototype, build, and launch a model aircraft with your group. You’ll learn and apply Radio Control technology to your aircraft and get a taste of both the tried and true and the most cutting edge technology available in aviation during a three-part engineering experience.
Gain hands-on experience during a simulated flight in the iFly indoor wind tunnel and a ride in a Helicopter with an experienced instructor to watch new learnings come to life, mid-air.
You’ll also have the unique opportunity to dive deeper into a specialized topic of interest you are passionate to learn more about during dynamic activities on subjects such as airplane electronics and mechanics like Main wing, Fuselage, and Empennage assembly.
With so much to explore and interact with, including professionals and incredible instructors with a wealth of knowledge to soak in, you’ll have an unmatched experience while learning alongside fellow like-minded students.
Exclusive Access: Site Visits
During your time at the Aviation Academy, you will also have exclusive access to industry professionals and gain information about the wide array of opportunities available in aviation as well as enriching site visits.
United States Air Force Academy Tour
- Take a behind-the-scenes tour the Official USAFA Visitors Center.
- Watch a planetarium show, hear a special presentation on Cadet life, and get a briefing of the Cadet Honor Code.
- Tour Arnold Hall, Cadet Student Union, and Polaris Hall, the Center for Character and Leadership Development.
- Experience what it’s like to train in the Ice Hockey rink, Basketball court, and indoor track and field at the USFA Field House and Athletic facilities.
Wings Over the Rockies Air and Space Museum
- Get an insider’s tour of the facilities and incredible artifacts of great importance to the history and future trajectory of aviation and other dynamic related fields.
- Tour exhibits about your special interests, such as the aviation maintenance and weather rooms.
- Experience a full-motion flight simulator in action.
You will leave the program and each site visit with a better understanding of what the future holds for new technology and how you can be a part of this next wave of innovation in aviation.
If you want to be the best, you have to learn from the best. You will have exclusive time with NASA Astronaut and Aviation Academy’s keynote speaker, Dr. Leroy Chiao. He’ll share his story that began with a love for aircrafts and continues to this day with accounts of his four missions to space, nail-biting adventures, and how he paved the way for future aviators like you.
You’ll also hear from other esteemed speakers from Falcon AeroLabs and more during special forums, where you will interact with renowned professionals. Discover their stories, insiders’ perspectives, and advice for a future in the field. The forums will provide you with a glimpse at what your collegiate educational experience will be like and also provide you with valuable knowledge and career insights you’ll need to succeed.
Topics may include:
- Radio Control Technology
- Build mechanics of different aircrafts
Life on a college campus
There’s no better way to get a true feel for college life than to stay on campus during Aviation Academy at the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs. You’ll experience the day-to-day of what it’s like to balance your studies and time at a top-ranking university while making memories and connections with other high-achieving students.
You’ll take a tour of the campus and get an introduction to topics and challenges that will help you build skills that you can apply both at the program and when you return home.