Educators and Students: You’ve got something valuable to say. Share it with the world, by being an Envision guest blogger. Submit your written or video blog, and you will automatically be entered to win a $25 Amazon.com gift card (students) or $25 in classroom supplies (educators).
Educators can share tips, insight and inspiration with each other. Students can share their thoughts on the issues most important to young people today – global issues like the environment, equality, and competition for jobs, or practical, everyday issues like interview tips, writing a good college entrance essay or using social media.
Of course both groups have much they can learn from each other. Teachers: team with your students and submit a blog on behalf of your entire class!
Specific topics we’re looking for:
- Ed Beat – A look at the world of education – your commentary on anything that’s pertinent to being a successful educator in the 21st century
- Book Reviews – Tell us about a good book that has helped your succeed in your role as an educator
- Educator Spotlight – Which of your peers are doing something unique, extraordinary, inspiring or simply effective?
- College and Career Success – Tips on how to help your students prepare for success in either college or their future careers
- Hands-On Classroom Activities – Descriptions of classroom exercises that enable students to learn by doing
- Chase the Race 2016 – Commentary on the electoral process in the U.S., hot political issues of the day, and ways to get students interested and involved in the presidential race
- Career Success – Ideas for interesting or rewarding careers, tips on preparing for a successful career, or commentary on the job market
- College Success – Tips on selecting colleges, preparing for college, or gaining acceptance to the college of your choice
- Leadership & Inspiration – Tell us what – or who – inspires you. Are you a leader? Help your peers find inspiration and leadership qualities within themselves.
- Ideas & Perspectives –Share your views and brainstorms about current issues and events – especially those that pertain to students finding their passions, achieving success, and making a difference.
- Chase the Race 2016 – Share your thoughts on the current presidential race and the issues that matter most to young people today.
Target Length: Written blogs should fall in the 350-650 word range, and video blogs should be approximately 1-3 minutes long.
Submit and Win!
Sending in your blogs and vlogs could hardly be easier. Just write or record your message and then click on the link below. Our app accepts most file types, including video, photos, diagrams, etc. Naturally all content will be reviewed by Envision, prior to posting.
Three winners will be selected from the student blog submissions, and three more will be selected from the educator submissions – for a total of six winners! The submission deadline is March 29, 2016 and winners will be announced on April 4.
Student winners will receive their $25 amazon.com gift card by April 30, 2016. Educator winners will receive a $25 donation through Adopt-A-Classroom.org, to use toward classroom supplies. Start brainstorming on your blog ideas today!