Take your place among the nation’s highest achieving high school students to gain real-world medical career experience and explore professional career opportunities in the expanding fields of medicine and health care.
You will experience the NYLF Medicine program on a college campus in any one of 10 cities across the U.S., each chosen for their world-class medical universities, hospitals, facilities and research centers.
Depending on the city you choose, you will reside throughout the 9-day NYLF Medicine program on one of these prominent college and university campuses:
- Emory University
- Babson College
- University of Chicago
- University of Houston
- University of California, Los Angeles
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Nova Southeastern University
- Hofstra University
- California State University, East Bay
- University of Maryland.
At the NYLF Medicine program you will meet and intermingle with graduate students who will provide important insight into how to successfully navigate the medical school application process, and tell you what you can expect throughout a typical first year in medical school.
You will network with your like-minded peers, students who come from top high schools all across the U.S. who will be your future colleagues in college and beyond.
In addition, you are eligible to receive college credit from George Mason University by completing the program.
The NYLF Medicine program is interactive! You will utilize your personal and academic strengths and skills in direct, hands-on medical and health care activities, true-to-life medical simulations and unique and stimulating role-playing exercises with peers and medical experts, as you explore and match your interest and passion for a future in medicine and health care.
Curriculum designed in cooperation with Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science.
At the National Youth Leadership Forum (NYLF): Medicine program you will:
- Take part in unique site visits to the nation’s best medical schools and health care facilities.
- Take an interactive role in the study and practice of medicine and the delivery of health care.
- Experience firsthand the challenges facing medical students and health care professionals.
- Assume the role of patient and emergency responder in our realistic disaster triage simulation.
- Meet and interact with leading physicians and medical students at top medical institutions.