The National Youth Leadership Forum (NYLF): Explore STEM is a six-day Envision program that introduces high-achieving middle school students to innovative and rewarding academic experiences and careers in science, engineering, medicine and technology.
Cutting-edge STEM fields – based on science, technology, engineering and mathematics – are the fastest growing areas of study and STEM professionals are in high demand in the United States and throughout the world.
When you attend NYLF Explore STEM, you will discover your passions through hands-on experiences that will put you on the path to success in high school, in college and in life. You will learn how to apply your science and math skills to join the next generation of leading doctors, scientists, software developers and other analytically minded professionals.
Choose to attend this summer program at one of five campus locations: Oglethorpe University in Atlanta, GA; Menlo College near San Francisco, CA; Westtown School near Philadelphia, PA; Loyola University in Chicago, IL; and Occidental College in Los Angeles, CA.
Activities & Benefits
Are you ready to experiment, discover and innovate? At NYLF Explore STEM, you will:
- Participate in a broad range of interactive simulations, hands-on workshops and educational site visits as you discover the real-world frontiers of 21st century science and technology.
- Interact with STEM professionals from fields in engineering, health care and environmental science as you explore future career paths.
- Create a personalized success plan and pave the way to your future success with the skills, knowledge and behaviors you will need to choose the right high school options, prepare for college and, ultimately, make the transition to a rewarding career.
- Experience campus life in a safe and secure environment, while building your independence and self-confidence.
- Make lasting friendships with like-minded students from throughout the country.
Dr. Charles Bush-Joseph, MD, Professor, Rush University Medical Center and Head Team Physician for the Chicago White Sox Major League Baseball Club.ospital. He is a Fellow of the American College of Physicians.