The National Youth Leadership Forum (NYLF): Engineering & Technology program is designed specifically for high school students with an interest in engineering and technology and the many careers available in these dynamic fields.
Throughout the eight days of this exciting and interactive summer program, you will reside on a prominent college campus enabling you to experience campus life and campus culture while you explore the emerging fields of sustainable design, 3-D modeling, game and web development, robotics and the many disciplines of engineering.
You may attend the program at any one of these schools, all of which are ranked among the top five engineering schools nationally according to U.S. News & World Report:
- Georgia Tech (Atlanta, GA)
- The University of California, Berkeley (near San Francisco, CA)
- The Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering (near Boston, MA)
At NYLF Engineering & Technology, you will be surrounded by other highly motivated school students who share your passion, and you will be challenged to put your applied knowledge to the test by taking part in engaging workshops and simulations.
You will also strengthen the time management, information analysis, public speaking, critical thinking and problem solving skills that are “must haves” according to today’s top colleges and employers!
Activities & Benefits
Join the next generation of engineering and technology innovators at the nation’s top universities for engineering! At NYLF Engineering & Technology, you will:
- Develop your own digital model and witness a demonstration of 3-D printing technology.
- Program a microprocessor to fly a model helicopter during the Helicopter Electronics Workshop, which was developed by Andrew Barry, a Ph.D. Candidate at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
- Experience college culture while residing on the campus of Georgia Tech, The University of California, Berkeley or Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering, and explore the educational pathways that can lead to a fulfilling career.
- Enhance your scholastic credentials and network of contacts to achieve your future academic and career advancement goals.
- Enjoy the sights and sounds of your host city, including Boston's Freedom Trail, Atlanta's Centennial Olympic Park, or San Francisco's Pier 39.
By completing this program, you are eligible for college credit from Loras College