The Global Young Innovators Initiative, an Envision Program being held on the campus of Harvard University, is a six-day summit held in partnership with Leadership Initiatives, an international non-governmental organization (NGO) that approaches the problems of underdevelopment by empowering communities to address their own needs through focused education and local financing.
This unique conference, which is held exclusively for alumni of Envision programs as well as select international students, brings together some of the brightest young minds from around the world to study and develop solutions for existing and emerging global issues while acquiring the skills necessary to lead the next generation of creative problem solvers and innovative thinkers.
Activities & Benefits
Are you ready to take your leadership skills to the next level and apply your knowledge to help solve the greatest challenges of the 21st century?
When you attend the Global Young Innovators Initiative, you will:
- Work with a team of other high-achieving students to address a challenge facing a Leadership Initiatives community or business in Nigeria- consider the problem, research possible answers, help develop a sustainable solution and assist in the project implementation.
- Visit the campuses of some of the most prestigious universities in the nation, including Harvard University, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and Boston College.
- Conduct comprehensive case studies to explore areas from design and technology to sustainability and ethics on topics such as gel fuel production in Ghana, fish farming in Nigeria and the high tech world of alternative vehicle design.
- Attend a variety of interactive workshops on current global issues and real-world skills presented by leading experts in the field.
- Gain a better understanding of the college admissions process so that you are well-equipped to make informed decisions about what to study in college, what schools are a good match and what to expect once you arrive.
- Have the opportunity to be selected to join Leadership Initiatives’ International Business Alliance Program (IBAP), where you can receive valuable member benefits including: college search and application assistance, participation in a mentorship program, college recommendations, free online SAT prep courses from TotalSATPrep and scholarship application assistance.
Learn what it takes to be a successful global citizen and thought leader at the Global Young Innovators Initiative.