Take your place among the nation’s highest achieving high school students to gain real-world medical career experience and explore professional career opportunities in the expanding fields of medicine and health care. This valuable career exploration takes place in 13 cities across the U.S. each summer – cities specifically chosen for their world-class medical universities, hospitals, facilities and research centers. As a qualified student, you may choose to attend the program in any one of the cities offered.
At NYLF Medicine, you will meet and intermingle with graduate students who will provide important insight into how to successfully navigate the medical school application process, and tell you what you can expect throughout a typical first year in medical school.
Exclusive, escorted site visits to prominent medical universities and health care facilities will place you alongside medical specialists and health care professionals.
What is often the most satisfying and inspiring portion of attending NYLF Medicine is meeting and networking with your like-minded peers, some of the nation’s brightest students who come from top high schools all across the U.S. who will be your future colleagues in college and beyond.
By completing this program, you are eligible to receive college credit from George Mason University.
Discover and refine your path to a successful future at NYLF Medicine, where you utilize your personal and academic strengths and skills in direct, hands-on medical and health care activities, true-to-life medical simulations and unique and stimulating role-playing exercises with peers and medical experts, as you explore and match your interest and passion for a future in medicine and health care.
Curriculum designed in cooperation with Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science.
At the National Youth Leadership Forum (NYLF): Careers in Medicine, you will:
- Be recognized as a future leader in medicine while visiting the nation’s best medical schools and health care facilities.
- Take an interactive role in the study and practice of medicine and the delivery of health care.
- Experience firsthand the challenges facing medical students and health care professionals.
- Assume the role of patient and emergency responder in our exciting and realistic disaster triage simulation.
- Meet and interact with leading physicians and medical students at top medical institutions in the United States.