You have been recognized as a highly motivated high school student who has earned the opportunity to take part in a valuable, hands-on program that could change your life.
At the NYLF Medicine program, discover the many career options available to you in Medicine; learn how medical procedures are performed, and share the experience with peers who share your passion and commitment.
As a practicing physician, I credit this very NYLF Medicine program that I once attended for ultimately guiding my decision to choose a career in Medicine. Take the first step on the path to your future! Enroll in NYLF Medicine today!
Dr. Shashin Doshi, M.D.
Senior Councilor, National Youth Leadership Forum: Medicine
Step Directly into the Role of a Medical Professional
Each day at NYLF Medicine , you will be immersed in exciting, hands-on, true-to-life experiences.
- Gain real medical skills as you learn to take patient vital signs, and perform your first medical “procedure” by placing sutures in a simulated wound.
- Visit a medical simulation center, hospital, clinic or other health care facility which may include guided tours, briefings from specialists, and an explanation of patient rounds and daily responsibilities of the department.
- Interact with health care providers who illustrate proper medical training, technique, and administration of quality clinical care.
- Explore a prominent area medical school campus and hear from admissions personnel on what makes an attractive application.
- Take a guided tour of a medical school campus and explore novel technologies in medical education.
- Meet faculty representatives from the health and medical fields and interact with medical students to learn from their experiences.
- Attend workshops which cover important topics in Medical Ethics, Problem Based Learning, “The Match” (detailing the transition from medical school to residency), and Lessons in Leadership.