HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
- On this Site when you register yourself or your child, submit a form to us, or when you request additional information from us.
- In email, text and other electronic messages between you and this Site or Envision.
- When you register yourself or your child to participate in one of our programs or other events.
- When a teacher nominates a child to participate in one of our programs.
- Through your interaction with us on various social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- From third parties such as list providers, referrers or other companies that partner with us to provide programs or services.
- In person directly from you at a program or other event.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
THE TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The categories of Personal Information that we may collect from you or receive about you or your child include, but are not limited to, the following: name, telephone number, email address, mailing address, payment card information, username and password, student identification number, the registrant’s identity as a parent, teacher or child over the age of 13, and when combined with personal identifiers, information regarding your or your child’s interests, previous enrollment or participation in our events or programs, website browsing history, school name and demographic information such as age, gender and education level.
Teachers may disclose student information to Envision by nominating students to participate in Envision’s programs. We encourage teachers to check with their schools for their specific rules, regulations, and applicable laws regarding disclosure of student information.
HOW WE USE COLLECTED INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect from you or about you, including Personal Information, in the following ways and for the following purposes:
- To present our Site and its content to you and to enhance visitors’ experience on our Site.
- To enable enrollment in our programs and for nominations of students for our programs.
- To deliver services to our students and website visitors.
- To respond to your communications and to send you information that you request or agree to receive, via regular or electronic mail, or other marketing channels, including program information, notifications and updates, company news or other related information.
- To notify you about changes to our Site or practices, or any programs or services we offer or provide through the Site.
- To improve Site functionality, customer service and for other internal business purposes.
- To monitor the Site for security purposes.
- In any other way we may describe to you at the time you provide the information.
- To display content to you, including advertisements, on social media channels (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.).
- To send you advertisements or other marketing materials via email or other marketing channels about other programs, promotions or services (or those of our affiliates) that we think might be of interest to you.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
HOW TO OPT-OUT OF FUTURE COMMUNICATIONS
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you may opt-out of future communications by sending an email to email@example.com or by following the detailed unsubscribe instructions included at the bottom of each email. If you would like to stop receiving phone calls, you may ask the representative calling you to stop at any time. If you would like to stop seeing our content on a social media channel, you may follow the relevant instructions and policies provided for that channel to opt-out of receiving our content. Please note that if you or your child are enrolled in one of our programs or have registered on our Site, we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to your enrollment, your registration on our Site, or your use of our Site or services, and these transactional account messages may be unaffected if you choose to opt-out of marketing communications.
WHEN WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
Third-Party Service Providers and Partners. We may employ or work with other companies and individuals that perform functions on our behalf, such as operating or hosting our Site, conducting our business, or providing services to you. We may disclose your Personal Information and/or non-personally identifiable information to such third parties, provided they have agreed to maintain the confidentiality, security and integrity of your information in compliance with applicable law. In addition, we may also share such information with our affiliates, trusted technology partners and third-party vendors who generate educational program content, create nomination and enrollment materials, provide customer service or billing services, provide event venues, consult with parents and teachers, and supervise online forums, message boards, social networks and blogs. These third parties have also agreed to maintain the confidentiality, security and integrity of Personal Information in full compliance with applicable law. Third parties only have access to the Personal Information that is needed to perform their functions, and may not use it for other purposes.
Business Transfers. Envision reserves the right to share user information, including Personal Information that we collect, in connection with the sale of all or a part of our business, merger, partial or complete acquisition, bankruptcy, asset sale, financing, consolidation, restructuring, liquidation, or similar corporate transaction. Envision also may share personal information with any subsidiary, parent company, or company under common control.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of California, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request certain information regarding the disclosure of your Personal Information by Envision to unaffiliated third parties for the third parties’ own direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at:
CA Privacy Rights
1919 Gallows Road, Suite 700
Vienna, VA 22182
If you are a resident of California and you make a request pursuant to this law, we are required to notify you of the identity of any unaffiliated third parties to whom we have disclosed your Personal Information within the preceding calendar year, along with the types of information disclosed. Please note that under California law, businesses are only required to respond to a customer request once during any calendar year.
Do Not Track Notice: Because there are not yet common, industry accepted “do not track” standards and systems, our Site, like many others, may not respond to Do Not Track signals. In addition, California residents are entitled to know that third parties may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you visit our Site. For additional information about this, please refer to the section entitled The Types of Information We Collect.
Legal Protections and Law Enforcement. We may share your Personal Information, usage information and device identifier (such as IP address) with third parties to the extent reasonably necessary to: protect the security and Integrity of Envision Sites and to enforce our website or other applicable policies; to take precautions against liability; to respond to a legal obligation; to respond to judicial process, a court order, warrant or subpoena; or to the extent required under provisions of law, to provide information to law enforcement agencies or for an investigation related to public safety if law enforcement has a warrant or other valid legal process. Envision has no ability or authority to control the policies or practices of third parties, however, prior to providing any Personal Information about a child who registers on an Envision Site, we receive representations from the recipient third parties that their privacy policies comply with applicable law. Unless prohibited by law or court order, or unless we determine in our discretion that notification is inappropriate under the circumstances, we will take all reasonable steps to notify all affected users of the request for information under this section or intended disclosure prior to disclosure.
To safeguard your Personal Information and help protect your Personal Information against loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, and to maintain data security, we have put in place appropriate physical, technical and administrative procedures. We are particularly sensitive to visitors' security concerns regarding the use of credit cards to purchase products over the Internet. We use a technology that automatically encrypts credit card data while information is being transmitted over the Internet, provided that the visitor's browser supports the Secure Socket Layer protocol (SSL). To verify the security of your connection, check the lower right corner of your browser window after accessing the server. If you see an unbroken or a closed lock, then SSL is active and the server is secure. You may also check by looking at the URL line of your browser. When accessing a secure server, the site address will change from http:// to https://.
Please keep in mind that no electronic data transmission or storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure or error free and we cannot warrant or ensure the security of any information that you transmit to us.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
CONSENT TO TRANSFER
Envision is headquartered in the United States and, regardless of where you use our Services or otherwise provide information to us, your information may be transferred to, maintained, and processed by Envision and our service providers in the United States or other jurisdictions in which we or they operate. Please note that privacy laws, regulations, and standards in the jurisdictions in which your information may be maintained and processed may not be equivalent to the laws in your country of residence and such information may be subject to lawful access by U.S. or other foreign courts, law enforcement, and governmental authorities.
RETENTION OF DATA
REVIEW OF INFORMATION
Please contact us as provided below if you would like to do any of the following:
- Access Personal Information that we have collected from you or about you, or, in the case of a parent or guardian, information collected from or about your child;
- Correct factual errors in such information;
- Request to have Personal Information about you or your child deleted; or
- Request that we no longer collect or maintain such information.
Please be sure to include your email address and a telephone number where we can reach you. To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access to the Personal Information that we have collected.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR INDIVIDUALS LOCATED IN THE EUROPEAN UNION
For any data processing that we conduct of personal information of individuals located in the European Union, we do so under one of the following legal bases:
- We have obtained the data subject’s consent;
- The processing is in Envision’s legitimate interests, provided that these interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms;
- Compliance with a legal obligation; or
- To perform a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract
- To the extent that any of Envision’s use of your personal information is based on consent, you may request to withdraw that consent.
- To the extent that the processing of your personal information is based on the legitimate interests of envision, you may object to this processing at any time.We will no longer process this personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise, or defense of claims.
- You have a right to access your personal data, including: information about the purposes of processing; the categories of personal data concerned; the recipients of the personal data; and where possible, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period.This right of access may be subject to legal limitations, of which we would advise you.
- You have the right to obtain from us without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you.Taking into account the purposes of the processing, you shall have the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
- You have a right to obtain the erasure of personal data concerning you without undue delay, if one of the following grounds applies:
- The personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
- If the processing was based on your consent, you withdraw your consent;
- You have a legal right to object to this processing, and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing;
- The personal data has been unlawfully processed; or
- Erasure is necessary to fulfill a legal obligation of Envision.
The right to erasure does not apply to the extent that processing is necessary for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation of Envision, for archiving purposes in the public interests, or for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims.
- You may request that we transfer your personal information to another controller, if technically feasible and the processing is based on your consent or a contract performance.
Any personal information that you provide in communications to the above e-mail and/or mail addresses will never be used to send you promotional materials, unless you request such materials.
We will respond to all inquires, requests, and concerns within 30 days. You may have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority in the jurisdiction where you live, or where your complaint arises.