The National Youth Leadership Forum (NYLF): Careers in Digital Media, Broadcast & Journalism, in partnership with the New York Film Academy, is the nation’s foremost digital media experience for outstanding high school students who are passionate about exploring career options in the digital media field.
A seven-day creative journey, this exciting summer high school program puts you in the heart of New York City. NYLF Digital Media, Broadcast & Journalism inspires you to develop the skills and knowledge you need to lead in a multi-media, digital world. Join your high-achieving peers in workshops and simulations that give you experience in digital production, journalism, film editing and audio and video broadcasts.
Experience life on a college campus at Fordham University, your housing site for the forum. Return home from NYLF Digital Media, Broadcast & Journalism, more confident about your college and career choices!
Activities & Benefits
Are you ready to get a head start on a career in digital media?
When you enroll in NYLF Digital Media, Broadcast & Journalism, you have the opportunity to:
- Explore a variety of multimedia professions through interactive curriculum, simulation exercises, site visits and skills development workshops.
- Hear from prominent speakers, including Steve Kandell, Features Editor for BuzzFeed. In addition to his work for the social news and entertainment website, Mr. Kandell was previously the editor-in-chief of Spin magazine and also serves as a contributing editor for Details magazine.
- Travel to New York City for hands-on digital media experience at the New York Film Academy.
- Enhance your scholastic credentials as you prepare for the college application process, university life and, ultimately, a creative career in digital media.
- Absorb the culture and excitement at the heart of New York City when you visit Times Square!
By completing this program, you are eligible for college credit from Loras College. You will also receive a New York Film Academy completion certificate in the career field of study for 2014.