The National Youth Leadership Forum (NYLF): Careers in Business & Innovation, is an Envision experience that honors you for your potential as a future leader in business. Attend this eight-day program for high school students and learn how to design a sustainable enterprise that provides solutions for a smarter planet!
Choose from one of four exciting business experiences that are part of the National Youth Leadership Forum on Business & Innovation. At Stanford University, located in the heart of Silicon Valley, learn to start a business fueled by sustainable energy resources and green technology. At Babson College, located outside of Boston, MA, dive deeper into what it takes to start a business as a successful entrepreneur. Head to Chicago for an insider’s view of commodities, hedge funds, stocks and currencies at Loyola University. Finally, at New York City’s Fordham University, put your finger on the pulse of the stock market and American finance.
Take your place among other motivated high school students who have a knack for innovation. Define yourself – outside of the classroom – on an interactive journey that includes hands-on business experience, site visits to leading corporations and exposure to the knowledge and skills you will need for success in high school, college and beyond!
Activities & Benefits
Are you ready to get a head start as a future business leader or entrepreneur?
When you enroll in NYLF Business & Innovation, you have the opportunity to:
- Explore a variety of business professions through interactive curriculum, simulation exercises and skills development workshops.
- Interact with innovators, business executives and entrepreneurs and learn how to turn the next great business idea into reality.
- Experience how the wheels of business and finance turn in the real world by getting a behind-the-scenes look at organizations such as the Chicago Board Options Exchange (CBOE), MassChallenge, an organization for entrepreneurs, and the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Enhance your scholastic credentials as you prepare for the college application process, university life and, ultimately, a career in business.
- Enjoy the sights and sounds of your host city, including Chicago’s Navy Pier, Boston’s Freedom Trail, New York’s Times Square or San Francisco’s Golden Gate Bridge Park.
By completing this program, you are eligible for college credit from Loras College. You will also receive a Completion Certificate as well as a one year subscription to Inc. magazine.